TERMS AND CONDITIONS – Reunion Fare
Free Virgin Australia (T class) domestic flights are redeemable against Etihad Airways (E class) international bookings that fly return, in or out of Brisbane, Queensland. Flights must be redeemed through Flight Centre Australia by Saturday 6th December. Travel dates 1st May – 30th June and 20th July – 31st August, 2015. Flights are subject to availability in stated classes.
Virgin Australia eligible return free flights are from a restricted selection flights on the following city pairs in Australia:
Adelaide - Brisbane
Adelaide - Gold Coast
Brisbane - Cairns
Melbourne - Brisbane
Melbourne - Cairns
Melbourne - Gold Coast
Perth - Brisbane
Sydney - Brisbane
Sydney - Cairns
Sydney - Gold Coast
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY – The Big Aussie Reunion Promotion
The Promoter is Flight Centre (UK) Limited. Registered Address: Level 6 CI Tower, High Street, New Malden, Surrey, KT3 4TE. Registration Number: 02937210.
Conditions of Entry
1. Information about the prize and how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions of entry.
2. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry by each entrant. Entry is via the dedicated website, www.thebigaussiereunion.com.
3. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. Entry is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man, aged 18 years or older, who enter the promotion in the required manner.
5. Employees of Flight Centre (UK) Limited, Tourism and Events Queensland and Virgin Australia, their immediate families and suppliers, associated companies and agencies are not permitted to enter.
6. The prize is dependent on the entrant, their chosen accompanying friend from the UK, their nominated friend or relative in Australia and the accompanying friend from Australia, being fit to travel.
Duration of Promotional Period
7. The competition commences at 0900 GMT on Friday 10 October, 2014.
8. The competition closes at 2400 GMT on Friday 31 October, 2014.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to change the competition dates at any time. Any changes to the competition will be announced via our Facebook and Twitter accounts as well as on the dedicated website.
How to Enter
10. Only one entry per person. No automated, bulk, third party or consumer group entries are permitted. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant and will be invalid if found to come from a third party.
11. To enter the promotion, entrants must fill in all of the details requested and upload a photo via the dedicated website.
12. By submitting an entry the entrant acknowledges that they have full usage rights to the photo entry and that the photo is in no way infringing any third party copyright laws or agreements. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for any entries infringing third party copyright laws or agreements.
13. Duplicate entries will not be counted as valid entries.
14. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, illegible, inappropriate, offensive or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid.
15. Entries that have a photo of a person that appears to be under 18 years of age will be deemed invalid.
16. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the promotional period. The Promoter accept no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
17. Any costs associated with accessing the Promotion are the responsibility of each entrant and are dependent on the Internet Service Provider used.
Selection of Prize Winner
18. There will be thirty (30) entries shortlisted for a telephone interview.
19. There will be ten (10) Prize Winners chosen from the shortlist of thirty (30).
20. The Prize Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges comprised of representatives from Flight Centre (UK) Limited and Tourism and Events Queensland. The Prize Winners will be selected according to a number of factors including answering the Queensland question correctly and the selection of reasons why they wish to be reunited. The Prize Winners will also be chosen ensure there is a spread of winners within each of the following categories: their closest UK airport, where the friend or relative lives in Australia, the type of relationship, the length of time since they last saw their friend or relative.
21. The shortlisted entrants will be contacted via phone (using the phone number provided upon entering) no later than 14 November, 2014. The shortlisted entries will be required to prove their identities. If the shortlisted entrant is not contactable by the phone number provided, they will be emailed and given 5 days to respond from the first point of contact, the latest of these days to pass at 1700 GMT on 19 November, 2014.
22. Prize Winners will be contacted via phone (using the phone number provided upon entering) no later than 21 November 2014. The Prize Winners will be required to prove their identities.
23. The Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the result of the competition.
24. The Prize Winners are required to confirm their acceptance of the prize and return The Big Aussie Reunion Waiver Form within 7 days of being notified or the prize may be forfeited and another winner selected.
25. If any prize has not been claimed by the winner by 1000 GMT on 27 November, 2014, the judging panel will select a new winner. The new winner will be notified by phone.
26. The ten (10) prizes consist of 2 x return economy class flights from London, UK, to Brisbane, Australia, 2 x return economy class flights from the Prize Winners’ selected friend or family members’ closest airport city in Australia to Brisbane, Queensland, 7 nights’ accommodation, transfers, a minimum of one (1) tour/activity and an Australia Day Reunion group event.
27. The total maximum value of the prize is £5,420
28. The Prize Winner must take the prize as offered. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, cannot be sold or exchanged for cash and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
29. The prize and booking of the prize is subject to the standard booking terms and conditions of Flight Centre (UK) Limited.
30. Both passengers must be booked onto the same trip on the same booking.
31. Prize is valid for outbound travel from the UK only on 19 January 2014 only. A limited selection of return dates will be available and confirmed on 31 October, 2014. Any variation to the return travel outside of these dates can be booked through Flight Centre (UK) Limited at the Winners own expense.
32. Prize for the Australia friend or relative is valid for outbound travel on the 20 and 21 January 2014 only, returning on 28 January, 2014. Any variation to the return travel outside of these dates can be booked through Flight Centre Travel Group Limited in Australia, at the friend or relative's own expense.
33. Prize does not include visas, travel insurance, pre/post accommodation, spending money, optional activities or any other items not articulated in the prize details.
34. Any passes, tickets or vouchers issued as part of the prize are subject to prevailing terms and conditions of use and any tickets, passes or vouchers are only valid for use within the stated duration on the passes or tickets issued or the duration of the chosen prize, whichever is earlier.
35. The Prize Winner consents to the use of their name, town of residence and image for promotional and marketing purposes.
36. Prize winners must agree to be filmed during their travel to and during the Big Aussie Reunion seven (7) night stay in Queensland. Filming may be from local/UK media or for promotional content purposes
37. All entrants who submit any entry to the Promoter:
a) grant the Promoter and its licensees and assignees a non-exclusive licence to exercise all rights in perpetuity throughout the world in the entry material and all other material provided by the entrant to the Promoter pursuant to this promotion at any time; and
b) represent and warrant that the exercise of the rights granted to the Promoter in these terms and conditions will not infringe the rights of any third parties; and
c) indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of the foregoing representation and warranty.
38. By entering this competition entrants agree to allow the Promoter to repost their entry/submission on the Promoter and Partners’ Facebook, Twitter and Google+ accounts, the Promoter and Partners’ websites, within the Promoter and Partners’ electronic direct mail (EDM) communication pieces in both the UK and Australia and on The Big Aussie Reunion website.
39. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not responsible or liable for:
a) inaccurate/incorrect transcription of entry information;
b) purported entries that are not received for any reason, including because they are lost, misdirected or stolen, or that are received, but are late, illegible, incomplete or sent other than as directed in the entry instructions;
c) any problems or technical failures of any kind, including malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or network, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software;
d) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any service whether or not caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website;
e) unauthorised human intervention in any part of the competition;
f) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the competition;
g) any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property and including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to a Prize Winner and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying a winner; or
h) any injury or damage to persons or property, including to the participant's or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participation or downloading any materials in this competition.
40. The Promoter will not be liable for personal injury suffered during prize winnings. If requested by The Promoter, the Prize Winner(s), and his or her guests must sign and return any liability release and indemnity provided by the Promoter and/or its contractors as a condition of a prize being awarded. Failure to return the signed releases and indemnities will result in the entitlement to the prize being forfeited and the selection of another Prize Winner.
41. This condition does not affect, and is not intended to affect, any rights a consumer might have, which cannot be excluded under applicable consumer protection laws. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its servant or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the cost of having the prize supplied again.
42. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
44. The Promoter reserves the right to amend the competition terms and conditions at any time. Any changes will be publisised via the dedicated website.